Criminal LawDrug Possession, Criminal Charges, Shoplifting, Expungements
Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester, Salem, Monmouth County New Jersey, Criminal Defense Lawyer defending clients in both Superior (indictable – felony) and Municipal Court (disorderly persons – misdemeanor) matters.
At the Law Office of Steven A. Traub in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, we recognize that everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If you or someone close to you has been charged with a crime, you deserve a criminal defense lawyer who will firmly advocate on your behalf every step of the way. We aggressively defend all criminal charges. We are ready to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you are accused of a crime or are being investigated by the police, it is important that you act quickly. We have been very successful in preventing criminal charges from turning into formal indictments, and we have been able to convince prosecuters to dismiss charges or reduce serious felony charges to minor disorderly persons charges.
If you are not a citizen of the United States, a criminal conviction, even for a minor disorderly person offense, could result in deportation, or you not being allowed to return to the United States if you leave voluntarily. A conviction could also prevent you from becomming a U.S. citizen. It is extremely important that you consult with an lawyer from the Law Office of Steven A. Traub before you go to court.
Contact us today for a free initial consultation with a knowledgeable criminal defense lawyer. We represent individuals, adults and juveniles, who are under investigation or have been charged with the following felony (indictable) or misdemeanor (disorderly persons) criminal law offenses:
- Aggravated Assault
- Threats to Kill
- Possession of weapons
- Receiving Stolen Property
- Sexual assault
- Rape and date rape
- Drug charges Manufacture, Distribution, Possession – marijuana, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine
- Juvenile crimes
- Domestic violence
- Bad checks
- Credit Card Fraud
- Insurance Fraud
- Child Pornography
- Resisting Arrest
- Obstructing Police
- Criminal Mischief
- Meghan’s Law
If you have been charged with a crime, it is important that you speak with a qualified lawyer as soon as possible. If you have been charged with a felony, we recommend that you speak us prior to your first court appearance. We will advise you of all of the options available to you as your matter begins to wind its way through the criminal justice system.
We will sit down with you, listen to the facts, review police reports, and advise you of the defenses you may have. We will also make sure that your constitutional rights were not violated. We will advocate relentlessly on your behalf, filing necessary motions to suppress the evidence when appropriate.
We will also advise you if the various diversionary programs that may be available to you, such as Pre-Trial Intervention, Conditional Discharge, Conditional Dismissal, and Drug Court. We will also explain the plea bargaining process. Very often, early discussions with the county prosecutor can lead to dismissals or reduced charges.
If you are on probation or parole, we can represent you at violation hearings and help you to avoid incarceration.
We can also assist you in petitioning for the removal of criminal arrests and convictions from your record through the Expungement Process.If you are facing a criminal charge, do not wait. Speak with a knowledgeable criminal defense lawyer. We will work hard from the very beginning to ensure your rights are protected and your best interests are represented. ContactThe Law Office of Steven A. Traub today for a free consultation and case evaluation with a committed criminal defense lawyer. Payment Plans are available.
Drug Possession Lawyer
Our drug possession lawyers are prepared to represent individuals against drug and narcotics charges, including:
- Illegal drug cultivation, manufacturing methamphetamine, operating a meth lab
- Illegal possession of drugs, including marijuana, cocaine, heroin, LSD, ecstasy,methamphetamine, steroids, and other controlled substances
- Drug sale or distribution, drug possession with intent to distribute
- Forging prescriptions, prescription drug fraud, illegal possession or sale of prescription drugs or controlled substances
As your defense lawyers, we will listen to your concerns, consider your point of view and the facts before we advise you of your legal options. We will work hard to obtain the best possible outcome in your criminal case whether that involves: convincing the prosecutor or court to dismiss or reduce the charges against you; moving the court to dismiss evidence obtained illegally (motion to suppress); negotiating a plea bargain when appropriate; advocating for admission to the Pre-Trial Intervention Program, Conditional Discharge (available in the municipal courts), or the Drug Court Program, or taking your case to trial before a jury when necessary. We pledge to tenaciously advocate on your behalf, leaving nothing to chance.
The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) allows the government to seize property or assets believed to be acquired during any activity related to illegal drugs. As a civil forfeiture matter, they can seize property before you are convicted of drug charges, or if you are acquitted. If your property was seized, we can help fight the forfeiture action and help you secure the return of some and possibly all of your property.
A person is guilty of assault if he:
(1) Attempts to cause or purposely, knowingly or recklessly causes bodily injury to another; or
(2) Negligently causes bodily injury to another with a deadly weapon; or
(3) Attempts by physical menace to put another in fear of imminent serious bodily injury.
Simple assault is a disorderly persons offense unless committed in a fight or scuffle entered into by mutual consent, in which case it is a petty disorderly persons offense.
A person is guilty of aggravated assault if he:
(1) Attempts to cause serious bodily injury to another, or causes such injury purposely or knowingly or under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life recklessly causes such injury; or
(2) Attempts to cause or purposely or knowingly causes bodily injury to another with a deadly weapon; or
(3) Recklessly causes bodily injury to another with a deadly weapon; or
(4) Knowingly under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life points a firearm, as defined in section 2C:39-1f., at or in the direction of another, whether or not the actor believes it to be loaded
Request A Free Consultation
1814 Route 70 East
Cherry Hill, New Jersey 08003
1 Eves Drive
Marlton, NJ 08053